1. Do I have to create a profile to submit a poem?
Yes, by creating a profile you can easily track the status of all the poems you submit to IslamicPoetry.org. You will also be able to view our reviewer notes have access to other features on IslamicPoetry.org.
2. Who can register?
Anyone can register a new profile. To submit poetry for the Chidren's Corner (poetry written by children ages 6-11), a parent or guardian should register a profile and submit the poetry. There is a field for the child's name and age when submitting for that category.
3. Can I request changes to a poem I submitted
You can request edits to a poem you have submitted as long as those changes follow the guidelines outline on the website. To request a change, please log into your profile and click on "Request Edit."
4. I have previously submitted poetry to IslamicPoetry.org, do I have to resubmit them after I create a new profile?
Please DO NOT resubmit any previous poetry. After you create your profile, log in and click on "Claim Poem" underneath "Submit Poem" and follow the instructions on that page.
5. I want to submit a poem but it does not fit any of the current categories.
You may request a new category by contacting us and we will evaluate whether or not it should be added.
6. Are birthdates really that important?
Birthdates are important when you need to reset your password. It can also help the review process if our reviewers need to know the age of the writer when certain elements of a poem are up for discussion. Please be sure to register your profile with your real birthdate.